[rt-users] ENV taint errors with sendmailpipe [plaintext]

Addison, Mark Mark.Addison at itn.co.uk
Mon Jan 7 06:04:47 EST 2002

> I thought sendmailpipe was just for sendmail, and you didn't
> have to use it with
> qmail.  That may be the problem, may want to try just using
> 'sendmail' and removing the '-t'.

using just sendmail doesn't work on our server, i just get errors that look
like;
 RT::Action::Notify=HASH(0x9e580ac): Could not send mail for
RT::Transaction=HASH(0x9d876e4)

and nothing in the qmail log. i think this is due to the server set-up, but
our sys-admin is still on hols.

so i moved to sendmailpipe, so i could set the mail command to use
explicitly, which is when the taint errors started. so it really seems to be
prob with the sendmailpipe implementation in my installed rt or something
odd with the way it runs as the ENV is getting tainted.

is this really something for the dev list (i'm new to the rt lists)?

cheers,
grommit