[rt-users] RT migration troubles (mail gateway)

Beachey, Kendric Kendric.Beachey at garmin.com
Mon Jan 7 10:08:43 EST 2002

I've been running RT in a testing capacity on my desktop machine for several
months.  Now we're installing it for real on a different server.

I have (with help from our local sysadmin guru) got RT installed and all its
dependencies satisfied.  I have even moved our old data over from my machine
(which was wayyyy easier than I thought it would be).  And I can now use RT
just fine on the new machine if I do it through a web browser.

But we're having trouble getting the mail gateway to work.  My desktop
machine is Mandrake 8.1, which by default uses postfix as its MTA, and the
mail gateway pretty much Just Worked out of the box.  But the new machine is
Red Hat 7.2, which uses sendmail by default.  I copied over my RT-specific
lines in /etc/aliases and ran newaliases, and I can tell that the aliases
are picking up incoming mail OK.  But when they try to turn around and run
rt-mailgate, this fails.

The mail I send in to one of my aliases bounces with this message:

"|/usr/local/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action correspond"
    (reason: service unavailable)
    (expanded from: rt-general at nairobi2.garmin.com)

smrsh: rt-mailgate not available for sendmail programs
554 5.0.0 "|/usr/local/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action
correspond"... Service unavailable

I wasn't sure what that meant, so I tried running rt-mailgate by hand
(admittedly, not really knowing how to type in a real SMTP message by hand):

[root at nairobi2 bin]# echo test| mail -s testing
rt-general at nairobi2.garmin.com |/usr/local/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate --queue
general --action correspond
Can't locate RT/Action/.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/rt2
/usr/local/rt2/lib /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i686-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i686-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at (eval 52) line 3.
Require of RT::Action:: failed.
Can't locate RT/Action/.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/rt2
/usr/local/rt2/lib /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i686-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i686-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at (eval 52) line 3.

[root at nairobi2 bin]#

Now this looks a bit fishy.  Can't locate RT/Action/.pm?  Shouldn't there be
something between Action/ and .pm?  Is there something still missing in our
setup, or is this just because of something weird with me trying to run it
by hand?  Or is there something special we need to do to sendmail?  I have
determined that the message "Require of RT::Action:: failed" is generated by
/usr/local/rt2/lib/RT/ScripAction.pm just in case that helps turn on a light
bulb for anyone.

Here's hoping someone finds this somewhat familiar...

--
Kendric Beachey