[rt-users] Pros Only - Install Problem

seph seph at commerceflow.com
Mon Jan 7 14:19:29 EST 2002

> The installation script craps out because my MySQL server has very
> scrict permissions against the root user. In addition to trying to
> do the install here. I also tried creating the permissions before
> the 'make install'.

I had a problem similer to this. I solved it by stepping throug the
make file and initdb script to see what was going on. IIRC it prompts
you for the dba name and the rt user name. the former is used to
create the database and to create the rt user, and you get a bunch of
password prompts.

Instead of fighting with acls, I found it easiest to create an
rt-admin at rt-host account with full permission which I let rt use to
install what it needed, then I blew away it's permissions. (it's used
only at install time) hasn't been a problem yet.

seph