[rt-users] Pros Only - Install Problem

James Adam Sigler hollow1 at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Jan 7 18:05:29 EST 2002

On Mon, 7 Jan 2002, Joel Webb wrote:

> >If you read the README, the #2 step is "Check over /tmp/rt/Makefile" going on
> >about variables "you NEED to customize".
> Eeeek, I'm an idiot.
>
> >If you edit the Makefile (make sure there isn't any whitespace after your
> >rt_user var and pass), you shouldn't need to make the MySQL rt user by hand.
>
> Ok I edited the Makefile and changed ONLY the RT_USER password and the WEB_USER
> lines. Here is the output.
>
> [root at mail rt-2-0-11]# make install
> mkdir -p //opt/rt2/bin
> mkdir -p //opt/rt2/WebRT/data
> mkdir -p //opt/rt2/WebRT/sessiondata
> mkdir -p //opt/rt2/etc
> mkdir -p //opt/rt2/lib
> mkdir -p //opt/rt2/WebRT/html
> mkdir -p //opt/rt2/local/WebRT/html
> /usr/bin/perl   tools/initdb 'mysql' '/usr' 'localhost' '' 'root' 'rt2' create
> Now creating a database for RT.
> Enter the mysql password for root:
> Creating mysql database rt2.
> cp etc/acl.mysql '//opt/rt2/etc/acl.mysql'
> /usr/bin/perl -p -i -e " s'!!DB_TYPE!!'"mysql"'g;\
>                         s'!!DB_HOST!!'"localhost"'g;\
>                         s'!!DB_RT_PASS!!'"myrt4m3       "'g;\
>                         s'!!DB_RT_HOST!!'"localhost"'g;\
>                         s'!!DB_RT_USER!!'"rt_user"'g;\
>                         s'!!DB_DATABASE!!'"rt2"'g;" //opt/rt2/etc/acl.mysql
> Substitution replacement not terminated at -e line 1.
> make: *** [acls] Error 255
> --
> Respectfully,
>
> Joel Webb
> WebbGroup Network Systems LLC
> www.webbgroup.net
> 336.841.7241

Joel,

	As far as your problem goes, the original problem seemed to be a
permissions for your database user inside your database after creation
were not set. To explain how to fix this probelm you will need to rtell me
which type of database you are using so I can look at the acl script
provided with rt for that databse to tell you if it is a databse issue or
a Makefile issue. Please let me know and I will get back to you with a fix
for your problem. Thanks. \

--

		Sincerely,
			-James Adam Sigler-