[rt-users] new install problem

Vivek Khera khera at kcilink.com
Tue Jan 8 11:29:30 EST 2002

DW> Also, this machine is a FreeBSD 4.4 box, with Sendmail 8.11.6 (new
DW> install, upgrade will be coming shortly),  Apache 1.3.12, MySQL 3.23.42.

By default, FreeBSD installs with suidperl disabled.

chmod u+s /usr/bin/suidperl

should fix you up.  I'm not sure what sendmail configs you may need to
do to let it run suid scripts, if any.  I know with Postfix I had
to do nothing special.

Also, if you do source upgrades to freebsd, you'll want to enable the
SUID perl flag in your /etc/make.conf so it doesn't get wiped out on
your next upgrade.