[rt-users] Pros Only - Install Problem

Joel Webb joel at webbgroup.net
Thu Jan 10 12:22:22 EST 2002

I am positive I am not fat fingering the password. The password also has been
numerous times. I have used the default password. I have used new passwords. I have
double checked to see if the passwords don't have blank spaces behind them.

Has anybody made a MySQL setup script instead of using the PERL??

Lex Uijthof (lex at bigboned.euronet.nl) wrote*:

>Hi,
>
>I'm pretty new with RT2 and the install of it, but i had the same error
>in the beginning. My mistake was that the password i used during the
>installation for the rt_user was not the same as the password which
>was written in the Makefile in the rt directory.
>
>/tmp/rt/Makefile
>
>.
>.
># Set this to the password used by the rt database user
># *** Change This Before Installation***
>
>DB_RT_PASS              =       [your passwd]
>
>.
>.
>.
>
>When i modified my Makefile and then treid it again , my problem was
>solved.
>
>Hopefully will i solve your problem to.
>

>On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, Joel Webb wrote:
>
>>The first line of acl.mysql is a blank line.
>>
>>I deleted that and the next line---> same error
>>then I deleted the next line which I think you were referring to ---->same error
>>
>>For real, I think the setup would be a lot simpler if a mysql script was inacted.
>>Do any of you guys know where it is actually being setup in the installation
>>script?? Maybe I can install it that way??
>>
>>Here is the output of the error:
>>
>>Now populating database schema.
>>Enter the mysql password for rt_user:
>>Creating database schema.
>>DBI->connect(dbname=rt2;host=localhost) failed: Access denied for user: 'rt_user
>>@localhost' (Using password: YES) at tools/initdb line 144
>>Access denied for user: 'rt_user at localhost' (Using password: YES) at tools/initd
>>b line 144, <STDIN> line 1.
>>make: *** [initdb.rtuser] Error 255
>>

>>James Adam Sigler (hollow1 at cc.gatech.edu) wrote*:
>>>
>>>Joel,
>>>
>>>Before compiling remove the first two lines of the acl.mysql
>>>script in rt_directory(unzipped from distribution and Makefile
>>>edited)/etc. Try that and let me know if it works.
>>>

>>>Sincerely,
>>>-James Adam Sigler-
>>>

>>>James Adam Sigler
>>>Research Scientist
>>>College of Computing
>>>Georgia Tech
>>>Phone: 404-385-0391
>>>Office: CoC 211

>>don't

>>know

>>mysql.

>>and
>>of
>>But I

DB_DATABASE!!'"rt2"'g;" //opt/rt2/etc/acl.mysql