[rt-users] auto reply to script generated mail

Joseph L. Hill joseph.l.hill at Dartmouth.EDU
Thu Jan 10 12:21:40 EST 2002

Greetings,

I installed rt a few weeks ago and think it rocks, one problem I seek
advice on:

I have a script on a web server that generates a mail message but is used
by people without an email address, so the sender on this message is
"nobody at mywebserver", rt receives this message from "nobody at mywebserver"
and sends back a ticket but the mywebserver is not running sendmail so the
msg goes into the bouncy bounce.

I'd like a way to tell rt "if the mail is from nobody at mywebserver" then
don't send back any mail notifications.

I see my options as either running sendmail on mywebserver to receive the
message from rt and dispose of it, or try to hack sendmail on the rt server
so it doesn't send out a message if the recipient is "nobody at mywebserver".

Is there any way to tell rt to not reply if the incoming mail was from
"nobody at mywebserver"?

Any and all advice much appreciated!
-joe

joseph.l.hill at dartmouth.edu