[rt-users] Pros Only - Install Problem

Joel Webb joel at webbgroup.net
Thu Jan 10 18:53:26 EST 2002

>Just curious.  What happens if you do a:
>
>mysql -u rt_user -h <db_host> -p <rt-databasename> and when it prompts for
>he password, enter what you know to be true.  Does this work?

Yes it works, I even deleted all the stuff I was working from and started with a
fresh source like somebody suggested.

I left the default password the same in the Makefile. Will it crap out if I use the
default password?? I know it says to change it. I just don't know if that is just
for security purposes, of they make you change the password for security purposes.
What is the deal?? NOBODY has answered my question about running a MYSQL script to
set up the database. Has anybody created one??

Enter the mysql administrator's database password to nondestructively reload the
database
Enter password:
/usr/bin/perl   tools/initdb 'mysql' '/usr' 'localhost' '' 'rt_user' 'rt2' insert
Now populating database schema.
Enter the mysql password for rt_user:
Creating database schema.
DBI->connect(dbname=rt2;host=localhost) failed: Access denied for
user: 'rt_user at localhost' (Using password: YES) at tools/initdb line 144
Access denied for user: 'rt_user at localhost' (Using password: YES) at tools/initdb
line 144, <STDIN> line 1.
make: *** [initdb.rtuser] Error 255
--
Respectfully,