[rt-users] Autoreply: "can't build entity: no body, and not multipart"

Hunter, Jonathan JHunter at 7global.com
Fri Jan 11 09:39:57 EST 2002

> Now, whenever a requestor emails RT to create a new ticket,
> they get an email bounce similar to this, from Mailer-Daemon at rt-host :

[...]
> can't build entity: no body, and not multipart

OK. I am pleased to report that I have found the problem.. And, I can also report that it was a "user configuration error", rather than anything wrong with RT per se. This was one of those problems that you just can't spot even though you re-read the same code over and over again :-)

Here is what I'd done. Whilst editing one of my templates, I added the following string to the body text. Spot the mistake:

"..your ticket ID is [{$rtname} #$Ticket->id()}]"

By simply adding the missing "{", everything started working again. Simple enough, once I found it..!

I guess I have two remaining questions then..

1. Is there an easy way of stopping RT barfing on this type of syntax error? I haven't looked at much code so far, but is it possible to execute the {...} replacements from the templates within an @eval() block?

Even if not, at least this message will now be in the mailing list archives, so anyone experiencing the same problem in future should be able to find a fix. Is it worth adding this to the Installation or Administration sections of the FAQ?

2. How do I delete templates? I created two test templates for the queue in question whilst trying to debug this, and now I've finished with them I'd like to remove them. I must be missing something obvious, but I can't see a "delete" link anywhere??

Thanks again for your help!

Regards,

Jonathan