[rt-users] mailer daemon email

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Fri Jan 11 13:31:14 EST 2002

On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, Shawn Page wrote:

> A message was sent to an incorrect email address from RT 2.0.7.  The
> mailer-daemon sent the usual message stating that the address does not
> exist, whereupon RT sent a reply to the new mailer-daemon user.  Is
> there a way to keep RT from sending these messages to the mailer-daemon?

My current madness (see other ticket) is reimplementing
AutoReplyToRequestors to observe a 'do not send autoreplies' field in the
given user's comment.  (so we can not autoreply to all of our cutsie log
reports etc).  Would that help you?

( ie, find the mailer-daemon's user record, put this do not send
  autoreplies in there, and RT will happily ignore its ever-after )

The main thing that is driving me mad is my desire to also catch runaway
mail loops, by doing the classic leaky bucket routine in my OnCorrespond
condition (ie, loop is detected, automagically add in the comment to
suppress replies, loop goes away), but this is proving more difficult than
I first thought as one cannot keep the user on autoreply-ignore ;)

                                                                        NCC
                                                                 Operations