[rt-users] Request for advice RT-2.0.9/RT-2.0.11 (blank message bodies)

Greg Dickerson greg at oreilly.com
Fri Jan 11 15:04:04 EST 2002

Hi All,

                I finally upgraded from RT 2.0.0 to RT 2.0.11 this week and really love the bug fixes/improvements. One issue has
since come up that I'm not sure how to track down. After the upgrade I started getting customers complaining that messages were
getting sent with no body? After testing this we did see the issues on intermittent tickets. To try and solve this I rolled back to
2.0.9 and did the following,

1) Backed up DB (mysqldump -c -t -u*user* -p rt2 > rt2.sqldump)

            2) Dropped and recreated database (mysqladmin drop rt2 -p) (mysqladmin create rt2 -p)

                3) Imported the new DB Schema (mysql -u*user* -p rt2 < rt-2-0.9/etc/schema.mysql)

            4) Imported the data (mysql -u *user* -p rt2  < rt2.sqldump)

            5) Ran make upgrade on rt-2.0.9

All tests seem to have worked. We tested the email and were seeing that all bodies were now getting sent. Since then we are still
getting weird results, one out of every 20 or so tickets are getting sent without a body the user is only seeing the header and no
content. The only system changes were to the DB schema and to RT.

Has anyone else seen this? I can provide more info on request as I'm stumped.

System Info

            RT-2.0.9

            MySQL 3.23.39

            SendMail 8.9.3

            Apache 1.3.20 / Mod_Perl 1.25 /Mod_SSL 2.8.4

            DB has ~18000 tickets

Thanks,

Greg

--------