[rt-users] Re: RT and CVS on different hosts

Fabian Ritzmann fri at akumiitti.com
Mon Jan 14 09:35:09 EST 2002

On Mon, 2002-01-14 at 15:35, Darrin Walton wrote:

>   |+ - I browsed through the "security issues" in the MySQL manual and found
>   |+ SSL mentioned several times but no reference on how to configure mysqld
>   |+ for it. Could somebody point me to the right section in the docs?
>
> As I understand it, MySQL supports SSL as of Version 4.0.0:

Indeed. The 3.23 manual was somewhat confusing.

It seems that I have the following options besides pursuing my original
CVS plans:

1) Run a development MySQL 4.0 or wait until MySQL 4 is supported by RT.

Would be an option considering that CVS support is not essential for
us. Are there any plans for RT to support MySQL 4? Did anybody try it
already?

2) Migrate to postgresql

Starts to sound attractive to me, especially since I noticed that it
supports Kerberos authentication. On the other hand, transferring the
old MySQL database might be a problem. Does anybody have experiences
with that?

3) Connect over an SSH tunnel.

That's possible, but in my experience it's not too reliable and needs
manual work every once in a while.

Fabian

--
BOFH excuse #71: