[rt-users] Search tickets by content

Peter E. Popovich peter at popovich.net
Wed Jan 16 20:50:06 EST 2002

> > > Is there a capability to search for tickets by comments in the
tickets?

> > I think the search field "Ticket content [matches | does not match]
> > data_field" does what you're referring to.
>
> Perhaps I'm thick, but I what we're trying to do is search for any words
that
> are in the ticket comments.  To me "match/does not match" implies an exact
> match vs. a "like" lookup.  Am I looking at this thing correctly?

"Like" almost assuredly refers to the SQL operator of the same name. If you
have a single word or a single phrase that you want to search on, it'll
almost assuredly do the right thing straight off. Try it.

The aggregator for that operator is AND, so if you're looking for tickets
that have a couple of words, but those words may not be immediately
adjacent, specify the first word, then add a second search term for the
second word.

If you have multiple words and are looking for word1 OR word2, it won't do
what you want. Dunno if there's a way to do that with the existing user
interface.