[rt-users] Adding custom html entries

Beachey, Kendric Kendric.Beachey at garmin.com
Fri Jan 18 09:07:46 EST 2002

> I have this webpage (you can view it here
> http://www.callatg.com/~pburkett/atg/config_request.html)
>
> What I need to do is make a template like that, so when a
> user fills in a new trouble ticket, it will resemble this. I
> tried checking out the RT documentation but somehow it wont
> all load on my browsers (Konqueror and Opera.) Any help would
> be appreciated thanks.

I can't comment on your form's ability to display on different browsers, but
we did something quasi-similar here.  I set up a form on our intranet that
featured all the needed information, and when the user submits the form, it
just turns around and sends an e-mail to an RT queue, with all the
information listed out piece by piece in the body of the message.  I set it
up to look like the mail is coming from the person who filled out the form,
so RT will kick out an autoreply to the user to say "a ticket has been
created".  From there on in, everything proceeds normally.