[rt-users] StockAnswers Addin, Abuse, and dead ticket purging.

Teo de Hesselle tdehesse at uts.edu.au
Sun Jan 20 16:43:34 EST 2002

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 07:51:20AM -0800, Rob Mitzel wrote:
> Hey gang,
>
> Just a quick question...anyone ever used the contributed StockAnswers addin?
> I was just setting it up, and it's quite neat (as to why I'll explain in a
> sec), but I was curious...any way to insert a blank line in them?  I made up
> some stock answers, and it seems to crap out as soon as it hits a blank
> line. (Robert Spier?  You here?) :)

Yeah... to fix that I wrote a small shell script to reformat the stock
answers that the queue admins give me:

ls | while read file
do
 cat "$file" | sed -e "s/^M//g" | fmt | sed -e "s/^$/ /" -e "s/[\<\>]/#/" > "$file.new"
 rm "$file"
 mv "$file.new" "$file"
done

(note that ^M shouldn't just be cut-and-pasted).

--
Téo de Hesselle,                          "Everything should be made as simple
Unix Systems Administrator                      as possible, but not simpler."