[rt-users] Serious problem, mails still not being sent

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Mon Jan 21 09:54:09 EST 2002

On 21 Jan 2002, Simon Woodward wrote:

> Okay, I mailed this again last week, but the problem is still there, and
> it will be getting to the point soon where we will have to abandon RT if
> we cannot solve this issue.

Unfortunately, I suspect that if you cannot replicate the problem (as per
Jesse's reply), providing a fix is somewhat difficult.

> I now have one particular ticket where every single time you reply, the
> mail IS NOT sent to the customer, no entry appears in the log and it
> looks like RT does not even try.

As a suggestion, try setting the following in config.pm:

	$LogToFile = 'debug';	# Log pretty much everything

Depending on what $LogToFileNamed is set to, you will end up with a large
file in $LogDir named 'rt.log.<num>.<num>' when you try to reply to a
customer (should contain the relevant ticketID).

That may produce some helpful results.  If its not obvious, paste it here
and the vultures^Wusers will take it apart.

Of course, <pimp>Jesse does provide support contracts for RT</pimp> ;)

Obvious questions would be, is there anything obviously wrong with the
customer's email address (charset odd, non-resolving hostname etc), have
you checked the systems syslog files for any error messages that sendmail
might be generating (etc).

> (If I knew how to get any debug info out of RT for a start this would
> help !)

( Its in the Docs! )

Regards,

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B                      Operations