[rt-users] mysql vs pgsql (in regards to lock contention)

Matthew Watson mwatson at office.netspace.net.au
Mon Jan 21 23:05:42 EST 2002

Hi.

 Just wondering if anyone has done any tests regarding how mysql goes vs
pgsql with RT2, in particular in regards to locking.

 I'm currently using mysql, which only seems to support table level locking,
and this causes problems when all our staff and in and hitting RT2 hard.
pgsql supports row locking, which in theory, should have less locking
contention. Anyone tested this??

 Anyone using pgsql on a system with a few staff members (we have 15-20
staff using rt2 at a time) getting these locking issues?

Regards.
Matthew Watson
Development, Netspace Online Systems
mwatson at netspace.net.au