[rt-users] RT_System opening tickets?

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Tue Jan 22 12:04:34 EST 2002

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Beachey, Kendric wrote:

> Is RT meant to keep track of when people are on vacation?  :-)
>
> You could set up your e-mail client (or procmail, or whatever) with a
> vacation rule that picks up any incoming mail from RT and forwards it to
> someone else.

Thats no fun!

The other problem from our experience is that people may not set up a mail
filtering to actually forward the message onwards, or to autoreply when
they're on holidays.  Hence, our ticketing systems will mail all admins
for that queue, and not just the owner of the ticket.

As we have a personnel department, they keep track of holidays, and make
sure that the data is available in a parseable form; only thing we do with
said parseable data atm is run a web script over it ;)

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B                      Operations