[rt-users] Problem when resolving a request

Peter E. Popovich peter at popovich.net
Tue Jan 22 14:35:26 EST 2002

> I have installed RT recently and it is now in test period. I have one
problem, when a request is resolved the requestor receive a link to the
request.

> The requestor cannot access RT, what is logical as the requestor usually
is not authorized to do this. Is there any way to send the requestor
directly the answer to his problem instead of sending the link?

> If this is not possible, do you have any idea to solve this?

That message is being sent by the OnResolve scrip action.

If you want an automated stock "This ticket has been resolved" message sent
when the ticket status is set to resolve, leave the scrip in place, but
instead use a new template or edit the existing template to fit your needs.

If you want the person closing a ticket to send a tailored message when they
resolve a ticket, then you probably want to delete the OnResolve scrip, and
train your staff to resolve a ticket only after sending a reply to the
ticket.

This is, after all, the reason you can configure scrips and templates on a
global or queue basis. In some settings, it makes sense to have an automated
message sent on ticket closure. In others, it doesn't, but it still makes
sense for a human to send a reply.