[rt-users] Exim alias dilemma

Remco B. Brink remco at rc6.org
Wed Jan 23 05:32:14 EST 2002

Paul Burkett <pburkett at callatg.com> writes:

> Hey, I followed the instructions that were listed in the helpful installation guide, but when I seem to send an email to a queue, it doesn't show up in the web interface. Does anybody know any reasons why? I'm using Exim and I copied and pasted the code from the guide in the correct locations of the exim.conf Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Can you show the code you added to your exim.conf?

Did you also add the correct aliases to your /etc/aliases file?

An example. Mailing to rt at domain.com will generate a ticket in the
"general" queue:
  rt:         "|/local/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action correspond"
  rt-comment: "|/local/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action comment"

regards,
Remco

--
Remco B. Brink - Blyfri Productions AS Chief Tech Officer - http://blyfri.as
 Personal site at http://rc6.org -- PGP/GnuPG key at http://rc6.org/rbb.pgp

"Hey, I know this! This is Unix!" - Jurassic Park