[rt-users] Changing next available ticket number from database?

Toni Willberg toni.willberg at atbusiness.com
Thu Jan 24 03:39:35 EST 2002

Moi!

I have finished testing RT in our environment and it's time to start
really using it. (It rocks!)

RT test ticket numbers go around #50 at the moment in my test
environment. Our old system however is going near #5000.

I want migration to be as easy as possible for clients so I will have
same kind of format for email subject lines as previous system had.
Because of this I need to set RT so that it starts numbering from #10000
or something.

This also helps our support because you can tell if the request is found
from old or new system from the number.

So where does RT keep count which ticket number is next and how to
change it. And is it even safe to change it? :)

Yours,

 Toni