[rt-users] Exim alias dilemma

Paul Burkett pburkett at callatg.com
Thu Jan 24 16:22:00 EST 2002

Sure, here's a snip that's located in the TRANSPORTS section of the exim.conf:

# my rt hack
local_delivery_rt:
  driver = pipe
  command = "/usr/local/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate| --queue| ${quote:$local_part}| --action| ${quote:${substr_1:$local_part_suffix}}"
  return_path_add
  return_output
  prefix = ""
  suffix = ""

And this is a snip from the DIRECTORS section:

localuser_rt:
  driver = smartuser
  suffix = +*
  prefix = *-
  new_address = ${quote:${lc:${local_part}}}@${domain}
  transport = local_delivery_rt

I don't really get this hack but supposedley I can send a queue to queuename+action at localdomain.com without actually entering an alias in the exim.conf file. Is this true? Or am I misinterpreting the hack?

--
Paul Burkett
ATG Intern