[rt-users] external database lookup to create new users

Matthew Kalastro mkalastro at soe.ucsc.edu
Sat Jan 26 19:39:23 EST 2002

Hi list,

I'm using the external database lookup for users when they submit tickets via email.  New accounts are created automatically.  This is great.

However, my boss would now like the same thing working via the web.  That is, if a user logs in via the web (I'm using the external database lookup for web authentication), but doesn't have an account, one would automatically be created for them (instead of displaying the "You are not an authorized user." screen).

Can anyone provide me a hint as to where to begin coding to make this happen?  I'll contribute the code if I could get it to work.  Thanks a lot.

Thanks to everyone for providing such an informative list,
Matthew