[rt-users] Useful - Header, Jumpbar

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Mon Jan 28 12:21:32 EST 2002

This is a useful thing that I've tossed in our RT system here, in the main
Header at the top.  I call it a JumpBar, others will probably call it an
annoying javascripty thing ;).

It provides a dropdown box in the main Header (red bar, top of each page)
to start a new browser window to go elsewhere, amongst the URLs that you
provide.  In our instance, we include a link to our internal web page[1],
ordering pages of our supplies, links to google, our monitoring system
etc.

The javascript code itself was copied from cnn.com, who in turn copied
from somewhere else... (etc).  The attached example includes some fsck.com
links that you might find handy.

To use it, save the attached file as
/path/to/rt/WebRT/html/Elements/JumpBar.  Then, put some lines in
/path/to/rt/WebRT/html/Elements/Header, like:

	<& /Elements/JumpBar &>

such thats its after the </td> of the <%$Title>, but before the <td> of
the % if($session{'CurrentUser'}) {   (etc)

Note that it won't work with browsers that don't do the javascript thing.
If I remember, I'll knock up something to go in /NoAuth to do what is
described in http://www.lboro.ac.uk/computing/providers/redirect.html .

Have fun.

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B                      Operations

[1] Believe it or not, it was started when some people[2] complained that
    there was no link back to the main internal web page after they'd
    viewed their ticket.
[2] For fecks sake.  Your browser has bookmarks and a 'home' button.
    Predictably, windows users ;)