[rt-users] RT and dotqmaildashext

Rich Lafferty rich+rt at lafferty.ca
Tue Jan 29 14:31:00 EST 2002

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 11:11:19AM -0800, Karel P Kerezman (greyduck at greyduck.net) wrote:

> I never figured out WHY it didn't work, it simply refused to work.
> However... please disregard that set of instructions and use the "Method
> 2" option. Those instructions work flawlessly (as I've verified on my
> test-rig RT2 2.0.11 install just two weeks ago) and absolutely supercede
> my original write-up.

Hrm, interesting. I find Method 2 violates the KISS principle, as
dotqmaildashext aliases seem to work fine -- and I can't find anything
that would prevent them from doing so, other than the log-writing bit
my doc patch just suggested. Was that documentation bit written for
RT1, which *did* have a suid wrapper for rt-mailgate?

Method 2 is necessary for virtualdomains, but I think that's beyond
the scope of RT's documentation at this point (particularly since one
would have to second-guess an individual's virtualdomain setup in the
first place!).

That said, I notice your examples don't use preline -- if you're not
using preline yourself, change that now :-) You're throwing away the
Return-Path of mail passed to rt-mailgate.

   -Rich

--
 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada    |  Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus!