[rt-users] Problems during make test...

Olav Lindkjølen olav.lind at online.no
Wed Jan 30 09:41:23 EST 2002

Darrin Walton wrote:

>   |+ No errors...nothing.
>   |+ Just hangs there appearently doing nothing.
>   |+ Can I uninstall/remove Perl and Apache and install them from scratch?
>
> You are making it very hard for _anybody_ to give you some help.
>
> WHy not try compiling mod_perl and apache yourself.  The RT documentation
> suggests a way to compile mod_perl with the correct settings.

Thats exactly what I'm trying to do. I dont need my current apache and
perl installation for anything. I am not using them. So I thought it
would make sence to wipe them out of the system and start fresh when
installing RT.

Running "make" on mod_perl goes just fine, but when I run "make test" it
gets to /modules/httpdconf and just sits there. I only use cvs and ftp
and isdn for surfing at the moment. So I can just send my existing
mod_perl and apache installation down the tubes if that would help.

Regards Olav!