[rt-users] Attachments

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Wed Jan 30 18:04:54 EST 2002

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Darrin Walton wrote:

> Just curious, has anyone seen a problem when a user attachs an HTML file
> that is divided into multiple pages?

Define 'divided into multiple pages' ?  To me, a HTML 'page' is everything
from the opening <HTML> to the closing </HTML>  (or end of connection).

'Multiple pages' that are somehow in one attachment would indicate that
the user is doing something weird.  I suspect you're referring to multiple
attachments.  ( Terminology is important )

> RT clearly knows about both pages (giving the user the option of page 1
> or page 2) but regardless of which one they select, it only displays page
> 1.

Yup, Attachments.  Are you certain that they are different?  Actually, try
this (in SQL) to see whether they are different (replace 'ticketID' with
the number of the ticket with the problem).

	SELECT count(distinct(at.Content))
	FROM Attachments as at, Transactions as tn
	WHERE at.TransactionId = tn.id AND
	tn.Ticket = 'ticketID';

vs

	SELECT count(at.Content)
	FROM Attachments as at, Transactions as tn
	WHERE at.TransactionId = tn.id AND
	tn.Ticket = 'ticketID';

If the numbers don't add up, you've got *exactly* duplicate attachments
somewhere.  If they do match up, you got different contents in each
Attachment.

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B                      Operations