[rt-users] Return or Reply address issues

Jim Meyer purp at wildbrain.com
Wed Jan 30 20:38:45 EST 2002

Pardon my creative rearranging of replies for readability:

On Wed, 2002-01-30 at 17:04, RT2 Troubles wrote:
> On January 30, 2002 04:39 pm, Bruce Campbell wrote:
> > MTA (sendmail most likely) problem.  See 'Trusted User' in MTA
> > configuration, and add 'www-data' to it if required.
>
> [...] It's the last step that won't work because they are replying to
> mail that is from "www-data at rt.foo.com".

Right. Bruce was pointing out that it's a problem with your Mail
Transport Agent (MTA) not trusting the apache user (www-data) and
therefore not allowing the apache user to send mail with headers
claiming to be some other user (support at rt.foo.com).

He was suggesting that you check out how to add the apache user to your
MTA's trusted users, which would solve your problem.

Cheers!

--j
Jim Meyer, Geek At Large                              purp at wildbrain.com