[rt-users] Installing on Redhat 7.2

Neil Bingham neil.bingham at pace.co.uk
Fri Jul 5 09:31:04 EDT 2002

Hi,

I've been trying to install RT on Redhat Linux running Apache 1.3.23 without
success.

The problem I have seems to be around which version of Mason is installed.

Originally I installed Mason via CPAN, hence 1.11 with the 2-0-13 release of
RT.  This gave off several errors about Lexer and Compile no longer being
part of the Mason package.

I then went back and looked at the instructions on the website about
installing on RH 7.2 and found the instructions were written for Mason 1.04.
I regressed to this version, but then tripped over extensions to the API
made to the library since then that RT 2-0-13 requires.

After searching this mailing list archive I found this message:

http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-users/2002-July/008847.html

where it recommends using RT 2-0-14pre1 with Mason 1.10.  I have tried this
combination with Mason 1.10 and 1.11 but get the same error when running
apachectl to test the config:

[root at nbingham]# apachectl configtest
Variable "$m" is not imported at /usr/local/rt2/bin/webmux.pl line 94.
[Fri Jul  5 09:17:09 2002] [error] Global symbol "$m" requires explicit
package name at /usr/local/rt2/bin/webmux.pl line 94.

Syntax error on line 51 of /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/etg.conf:
Global symbol "$m" requires explicit package name at
/usr/local/rt2/bin/webmux.pl line 94.

Can anyone point out what is wrong with this?

Thanks,

Neil.

--
Neil Bingham, Software Team Leader, Engineering Tools Group.
Pace Micro Technology plc                   Tel: +44 (0) 1223 518574