[rt-users] rt-mailgate and postfix

James Satterfield JSatterfield at ciphergen.com
Mon Jul 8 13:57:09 EDT 2002

I'm having a little trouble with postfix. I use the command
"|/usr/local/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate --queue ITSUPPORT --action correspond"
in the alias file. When a message is received to that address everything
kinda comes to a halt for about 1 minute. Watching the maillog and rt. I see
the new ticket generated and show up in the queue long before anything is
noted in the postfix maillog. All transactions come to a halt until that
logging comes through. No more email in and no email out durinig this
timeframe. Also, db updates appear to hang forever on the Submit. It *seems*
to me that postfix isn't happy with that command and is waiting till a
timeout period because it expects something? We're production with this and
we're hurting. Please help.

James.