[rt-users] Resolve Ticket Template

Sean Lutner sean at techtarget.com
Fri Jul 12 09:59:04 EDT 2002

I think I may be doomed to never be able to edit my Resolved template.
:)

I just tried starting the template with a blank line, with the second
line being

{$Ticket->Transactions->First->Content()}

As soon as I changed the template to this, I stopped getting emails.
Also, many of the other stock RT templates don't start with a blank
line, and have code mixed with text on the same line.

IE - In the autoreply ticket, the first line of the template is Subject:
AutoReply: {$Ticket->Subject}

Once again I'm left baffled, I thought this would be a pretty easy thing
to change. Thanks for the tips thus far.

Sean

On Fri, 2002-07-12 at 09:41, Bruce Campbell wrote:
> On 12 Jul 2002, Sean Lutner wrote:
>
> > Thanks, that seems very straight forward. However, if I put anything
> > except plain text in my resolved template, mail for resolved templates
> > stops being sent. Any ideas why that might be?
>
> The Templates (when used in most mail-sending Scrips) are really in two
> sections;
>
> 	Headers for the message
> 		(blank line)
> 	Body of the message
>
> If you want the default RT headers, and just want to change your content
> around, you may wish to begin the Template with a blank line, just to be
> sure.
>
> ( eg, if you're posting ->Content() in, and it doesn't begin with a blank
>   line, RT may interpret it as mail headers; and who knows where the
>   message will end up. )
>
> --
>                              Bruce Campbell                            RIPE
>                    Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
>                  www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B             Operations/Security

Sean Lutner
Senior Systems & Network Administrator
TechTarget, Inc.
117 Kendrick St, Suite 800
Needham, MA 02494
P:  781-657-1337
F:  781-657-1100
E:  sean at techtarget.com W: http://www.techtarget.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein