[rt-users] Yes, the same session problem

Branden R. Williams brw at brw.net
Fri Jul 12 10:20:24 EDT 2002

After perusing the archives for this and other lists, it seems I am not
alone in having this problem.  Here is what I am running.

Apache 1.3.26 running as nobody
mod_perl
HTML-Mason 1.0.2 (had to downgrade to fix another issue)
rt 2.0.13

This is the error...

[Fri Jul 12 08:46:08 2002] [error] RT Couldn't write to session directory
'/usr/local/rt2/WebRT/sessiondata'. Check that this directory's
permissions are correct. at /usr/local/rt2/bin/webmux.pl line 152.

This is the directory and its contents...
drwxrwx---    2 nobody   nobody       4096 Jul 12 09:02 ./
drwxr-xr-x    5 root     root         4096 Jul 12 08:14 ../
-rw-rw----    1 nobody   nobody          0 Jul 12 09:02 Apache-Session-85339d0f5e74be1a2929794ada4fb77f.lock
-rw-rw----    1 nobody   nobody          0 Jul 12 09:02 Apache-Session-8f3906f7a283bdf267befdd83c03d213.lock
-rw-rw----    1 nobody   nobody          0 Jul 12 09:02 Apache-Session-93303648fbd30207d717a35c36d2e026.lock

So obviously it is writing to the directory ok.

I have the MD5 package installed and it went without error through CPAN.
I have reinstalled several of the packages to see if anything was missed
in the process and so far I have had no failures.  When going to the RT
site I have created I get the Internal Server Error and then looking in
the error logs I get the above error.  Is there any tips you can suggest
to help me diagnose this problem and once again have harmony on my system?
:P  Thanks.

Fair Winds and Following Seas,

Branden R. Williams, CISSP <brw at brw.net>
http://www.brw.net/
"My mind flows like the wind, my soul becomes the rain,
 My imagination the storm."
--
Public Key ID: 0x34AE58E0 | PGP Keyserver: pgp.mit.edu
Public Key Fingerprint: 5C0B 2526 7519 6C2E F844  DF26 8793 594B 34AE 58E0