[rt-users] Getting a little annoyed now

Chris Knipe savage at savage.za.org
Sat Jul 13 15:26:20 EDT 2002

Lo all,

This is now, about the 5th time that I am reinstalling RT.... Everytime,
something else just pops up...

When I run rt-mailgate as a non-privileged user, it cannot find various RT
modules RIGHT AFTER the make install and configuration in config.pm has been
done such as indicated in the RT documentation.

cknipe at netsonic:/home/savage$ /usr/local/rt/bin/rt-mailgate
Can't locate object method "new" via package "RT::Handle" at
/usr/local/rt/lib/RT.pm line 26.
cknipe at netsonic:/home/savage$

I've read the fine manuals, and the FAQ (frankly, I downloaded all the HTML
and have them here with me for quick reference), I cannot find any reference
to this behaviour.  And yes, I did check the permissions, everything is
perfectly just as make install installs it in my system.  As I said, this is
done straight after installing RT - no fiddling, bare bones installation....

Is there someone with a clue that can give me some help here?

--
me