[rt-users] Getting a little annoyed now

Chris Knipe savage at savage.za.org
Sat Jul 13 18:23:08 EDT 2002

FINALLY!

Progress.  I did a small little scan through all my perl include dirs, and I
found quite a few modules that are not readable by everyone. (Some required
modules by RT had one or two non-readable files, such as
x/auto/i386-bsd/auto/HTML/blah/blah)...

Based on multiple .pm depending on various others, this is more than likely
my problem.

After resetting and fixing all the permissions of all the files everyone
could not read, my problem vanished.  I'm not sure if perl can do this, I
had a look just now, I couldn't see a option for it... but,

If possible, won't it be advisable to perhaps add debug in a fashion that
perl reports more error information on pm files as well?  I.e. show me which
use / require failed to load - even if it is used in another perl module??
(If this even makes sense).

Right, now, all my permissions for perl are sorted out.  ls -lR | less and a
/--- indicated that there are *no* files that are not readable by everyone.
As such, RT now finds all the relevant required files that perl needs, and
they are all happy.

And.... IT WORKS! *eg*

Thank you everyone for helping, and sorry if my annoyance led to ignorance
or, if I was a bit grumpy... I've been battling at this the last 2 days now
:(

SO... To sum up... The problem was related towards NON RELAVENT (directly by
RT in any case) perl modules that did not have proper permissions... Wow..
How's this one for a head scratcher...

bye!

--
me