[rt-users] Autoresponse for e-mail submitted jobs only

Neal Barney neal.barney at sdl.usu.edu
Tue Jul 16 14:19:22 EDT 2002

At my company there are currently two scrips that we use that are
helpful to end users, but can occationally be a nuisance to the IT
department.

OnCreate AutoreplyToRequestors with template Autoreply
OnResolve NotifyRequestors with template Resolved

These are very helpful to the employees we support.  And most of the
time, we like having them.  However, there are times that requestors
phone us directly with their problems (normally, they submit a request
through our intranet).  When we create a request for them through the
web interface it marks us as the requestor and we end up receiving the
autoresponses.

Is it possible to generate an autoresponse only when the job was
submitted through the e-mail gateway?

Thanks.

--
Neal J. Barney