[rt-users] Installation: No RT user found. Please consult yo ur RT administr ator.

Blackstone, J. David jdavid.blackstone at cingular.com
Wed Jul 17 14:54:28 EDT 2002

  Doing some tracing, I wind up at
DBIx::SearchBuilder::Record::Cachable::_lookup_primary_cache_key, which is
called to look up a $alternate_key of "Users:Gecos=rt' within a hash from
$this->_KeyCache that contains only 'Users:Name=Nobody' and
'Users:Name=RT_System'.  It looks like it's trying to look up on the wrong
field.

  I don't understand why this works for everyone else and not me.  It looks
like there's no way it can work at all.

  It's looking up by $Gecos, which it got from my RT user's UNIX login ID,
"rt."  So, is it supposed to be looking for an RT user with the same name as
the UNIX login ID?  Is there such a user (I thought it was supposed to be
named rt_user, but there doesn't seem to be a user with that name, either.)
How do I tell it that the UNIX login ID has nothing to do with RT user
names?

  It looks like it wants me to run this as root.  Am I the only person who
tried to install this as a non-root user?  Is that the problem?

  I'm grasping at straws here with no real insight into what's going on.

jdb