[rt-users] Recovering from spam, clean up DB?

Michael Marziani michaelm at kw.com
Mon Jul 29 10:08:20 EDT 2002

Over the weekend a misconfigured autoresponder deluged our RT system
with around 10,000 tickets.  I've blocked the user at the sendmail
level, but now I need a way to clean up my database (mysql).  Has anyone
dealt with this before?  You can't just search your DB and delete all
the rows that you don't want, can you?  Is there a way to export all the
tickets I *do* want, and create a new database?  If I do need to keep
everything in the database, is there a way to efficiently kill all these
tickets?

Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

-Michael