[rt-users] Trying to fix a broken install of RT2.0.13

RT2 Troubles rt2trouble at morben.ca
Mon Jul 29 12:36:09 EDT 2002

On July 28, 2002 07:19 pm, Phil Homewood wrote:
> RT2 Troubles wrote:
> > Then I started adding toys from the contrib section and somewhere along
> > the line RT stopped sending mail on reply. It still sends mail as an
> > auto-responder, and when I resolve a ticket, but not when I reply to a
> > ticket.
>
> You forgot to tell us what scrips you have.
>
> > Anyone want to mock my process and perhaps suggest a better method of
> > getting RT to resume sending mail when I reply to a message?
>
> At this stage, it sounds like you really want a support contract
> from Best Practical. :-)

If I could afford a support contract I would of bought a product that came
with some paid support. I wasn't short-sighted when I installed RT, but I
should of written down the mysql password instead of picking something
"harmless" that I would soon forget.

I understand the idea of this discussion group attempting to get everyone to
buy support before offering assistance. I can assure you, however, I've been
heavilly solicited and the money I have to offer Jesse wasn't of interest to
him due to the small ammount.

I managed to mung things around a bit using the directory tree from a freshly
de-tared copy of RT.. I have the default scrips showing up and I can build
scrips properly now, but it still won't send mail when I reply. Another bit
of evidence is that RT used to say "Correspondence Sent" and stylize the
action with a special green color when mail was sent. Now it says
"Correspondence Added" and uses the standard blue color.

Thanks!