[rt-users] Trying to fix a broken install of RT2.0.13

Byron OBrien byron at agora.rdrop.com
Mon Jul 29 16:51:18 EDT 2002

Also, you can start mysqld with the '--skip-grant-tables' option,
which bypasses the privilege protection for all tables, including
(yup, you guessed it)--the user and password tables.  Once it's
up in this mode, you can use mysqladmin to change the password,
or you can invoke mysql and do an 'UPDATE USER...'

Just make sure you do a 'mysqladmin flush-privileges' or a
'FLUSH PRIVILIGES;' from mysql to load the privs when you're done,
otherwise there's nothing to stop *anyone* from doing anything
they want to your database.

Cheers,
Byron