[rt-users] changing domain

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Mon Jul 29 19:35:55 EDT 2002

At 04:10 PM 7/29/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>I have a recent installation of rt2 (live about 2 weeks).  One of my
>instructions is to change the tagline from
>[qsent.com #xxx ] to
>
>[ Qsent Request #xxx ]
>
>It looks like this is just a matter of changing $rtname
>
>What are the gotchas here, and workarounds?

Did you see this, in etc/config.pm:

# $rtname the string that RT will look for in mail messages to
# figure out what ticket a new piece of mail belongs to

# Your domain name is recommended, so as not to pollute the namespace.
# once you start using a given tag, you should probably never change it.
# (otherwise, mail for existing tickets won't get put in the right place

$rtname="example.com";

Russ Johnson
http://www.dimstar.net

How do "Do Not Walk On Grass" signs get there?