[rt-users] changing domain

Harald Wagener hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Tue Jul 30 10:43:11 EDT 2002

Rick Rezinas wrote:

> yeah, caught that.  Not my call on this one, just wondering if anyone
> has experience with this, and what in particular to watch out for.  The
> boss is already aware of the probably existing tickets problem, and has
> deemed it acceptable loss (most of which will probably be my time ;)

In the long run, it won't be much of a hassle. We changed our $rtname after a
few hundred tickets, and since we did not get back to the old tickets, nothing
strage popped up.
I would say You can compute the transition period (whre things might screw
up) by determining how long a given ticket takes to be resolved, and how many
tickets You get in a given period.

I would not recommend switching $rtname more than once without flushing the
ticket database (maybe thatis an option?).

Regards,
    Harald

--
Harald Wagener*An der Alster 42*20099 Hamburg*http://www.fcb-wilkens.com