[rt-users] enhanced mailgate-install procedure

Andre Esser andre at snyrre.de
Thu Jun 6 09:49:05 EDT 2002

Am 06.06.2002 um 16:15:21 schrieb Odhiambo Washington:
>Andre,
>
>Which perl modules?
>Do you have a short HOWTO?
>
>Thank you very much in advanced.
>

>-Wash
>
>--
>Odhiambo Washington  <wash at wananchi.com>    "The box said 'Requires
>Wananchi Online Ltd.  www.wananchi.com      Windows 95, NT, or better,'
>Tel: 254 2 313985-9   Fax: 254 2 313922     so I installed FreeBSD."
>GSM: 254 72 743 223   GSM: 254 733 744 121  This sig is McQ!  :-)
>

>Where humor is concerned there are no standards -- no one can say what
>is good or bad, although you can be sure that everyone will.
>		-- John Kenneth Galbraith

I had to install the GnuPG stuff from CPAN
1. http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/F/FL/FLUFFY/Class-MethodMaker-1.06.tar.gz
2. http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/F/FT/FTOBIN/GnuPG-Interface-0.31.tar.gz

You need the 1st module to install the 2nd. If you don't then the enhanced-mailgate
will complain about missing the modules ;)
If The Class-MethodMaker compains about the perl version, try an erlier version
of the module. That worked for me.

Of course you must have gpg installed. I think without the mailgate won't work
with the extra functionality. It works like the regular rt-mailgate.

Then place the pubring.gpg in the directory named in the README.
Place the script in /opt/rt2/bin. Set the modes / flags.
Than edit /etc/aliases for your needs. Seems like you can choose
which queue works with rt-mailgate or enhances-mailgate.
Dont't forget to type newaliases ;)

After that it worked, I could set some values by ticketcreation.
But I can't set the priority or final-priority.
If you know something about this it would be wonderful if you let me know.

Andre
--
Andre Esser
andre at snyrre.de