[rt-users] RE: Searching for tickets belonging to same company/customer

Jim Ficarra jficarra at crosscurrent.com
Thu Jun 13 13:25:47 EDT 2002

I am in the process of setting up RT 2.0.13 for production but had this
dilemma when evaluating 2.0.12.  Our solution was to setup a Queue for each
customer.  This way when you enter a ticket you have to choose the Queue
(customer) to create the ticket in.  When you do a search you can choose the
Queue (Customer) from one of the dropdown boxes.

Perhaps another way is to setup keywords with your customer name.  You would
need to add the keyword after the ticket is created, but it's another
option.  When you do searches, the keyword becomes an optional search
parameter.

Perhaps these aren't the best ways of doing this, especially since you have
already established your system, but it seems as if it will work for us.
This of course might make configuration a little more cumbersome depending
on your situation.

Hope this helps.

-Jim Ficarra