Dealing with spam in RT (was Re: Fwd: [rt-users] Execute Arbitrary Perl Script on resolve)

Niall Brady bradyn at maths.tcd.ie
Thu Jun 13 14:10:28 EDT 2002

On Sun, Jun 09, 2002 at 09:48:23PM +0200, Bruce Campbell wrote:

> Actually, theres a very good argument _for_ filtering your network-abuse
> queue using the split-queue method put forward by Niall; its an address
> that has been made public, and thus, will receive spam.  You would make
> the filter be rather loose in what it rejects of course.

Yep, that's the point I was making... where I work, we combine
(root|time|news|abuse|whatever at maths.tcd.ie) to go to our request
queue.  The addresses are commonly known from computer info pages,
and we house a reasonably popular time server (hence email address
widely known), so we get a fair few spams to the queue each day.
At the moment, we sift it by hand, but it's a smelly job ;-)

I'm sure we're not the only site who combines all their system
addresses!

If I get something whacked together, I'll send it back to the list.

--
	Niall