[rt-users] Interfacing with RT via PHP

Chris Knipe savage at savage.za.org
Mon Jun 17 16:18:49 EDT 2002

> Hi.
>
> You've just demonstrated to a large bunch of people in no uncertain terms
> that you have no idea what HTML::Mason is or what it does, nor have you
even
> *looked* at any of the Mason pages that make up the RT interface that
you're
> attempting to replicate.

No, you're absolutely right.  I haven't.

As I said now, on multiple occasions in my previous posts, I mailed the
mailing list to find out if someone did this ALLREADY.  i.e. if someone has
code allready written in PHP that can do this, so that I may not
neccessarily need to rewrite something, that has allready been written.

After mailing the list, and with the response I got from Matt, it seems that
I have to write my own application because there is no PHP interface
available currently.  Fine, I have no problem with that, and I will most
definately attempt to do it.  If I break RT, I reinstall it.  If I can't
manage to get the PHP working, hey - at least I gave it a try, insteading of
giving lame ass sarcastic unhelpfull comments - which happens to be more
than what I can say about you.

You happen to like HTML::Mason, that's your right to like it, and I respect
it.  I happen to like PHP, please be so decent to just try and respect it.
If you can't, please keep your sarcastic comments to yourself as I've asked
in a private email to you as well now.  If you don't have anything usefull
to say, don't say it at all please.

My suggestions to contribute to back to RT, was made in the light that
someone MAY a few months or years from now, need to do something similar.
They won't need to go through the battle I have facing me if I contribute my
work, because something for PHP would be written allready and be available
in the open source community.  It was just a gesture of trying to be
helpfull and giving back to the RT community.  If they don't want to use it,
it's their right.  If some do, I'll be glad knowing that they'll be
utilising things that I've coded and contributed.

*shrugs*