[Fwd: Re: [rt-users] Web Access for users?]

Randy Millis rmillisl at enel.ucalgary.ca
Tue Jun 18 15:29:12 EDT 2002

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Web Access for users?
From: Randy Millis <rmillisl at enel.ucalgary.ca>
Date: Tue, June 18, 2002 12:36 pm
To: <rlpowell at digitalkingdom.org>

> On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 12:14:32PM -0600, Randy Millis wrote:

>> > Regardless, accounts with no password are automatically created when
>> > a person submits a ticket.  To give them a default password you have
>> > to hack one of the files

>> So the uses is supposed to be able to enter just their e-mail address
>> in the Web UI login, leave the password field blank and be able to
>> login?
>
> Normally the account is created by sending e-mail to RT for a ticket.
> If that's not feasible, I think you need to create the accounts by
> hand.

The accounts are created automatically. That works. If I set their
password once created they can log in. I have 850 users though. :-) I'm
sure I can hack the appropriate .pl file to set a default password. I
think someone sent me a message on where to find this.
How hard would it be to generate a random password and e-mail it to the
user? Anyone have any thoughts on how to do this?
There does not seem to be a way for them to change their password in the
web UI one they logged in. Is this the case? Any thoughts on how can I
deal with this?