[rt-users] mod_perl problem?

darren chamberlain darren at boston.com
Thu Jun 20 11:55:43 EDT 2002

* Michael Polivanov <misk at g-zone.at> [2002-06-20 11:29]:
> I tried to install Request Tracker 2.0 on my Debian machine today: i
> used only available DEB packages. After i configured the config.pm and
> modified my apache configuration, i tried to restart the apache.
> Nothing. The process was killed, but did not came back up.Nothing was
> logged, also no error messages on console.  After some hours of playing
> with configuration i figured out that after removing "PerlRequire
> /usr/..../webmux.pl" the apache worked again, but, of course, RT not.
> Any ideas? I would like to track down the problem but i do not know how
> i can do it.

Does httpd -l show mod_perl.c, or are you loading the DSO?  Also, you
might want to consider building the whole thing from source; that way
you can be assured that you have the required parts.  If you go in this
direction, build a new Perl, a new Apache, and all new modules.

(darren)

--
Great minds discuss ideas.
Average minds discuss events.