[rt-users] A question about LIKE

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Thu Jun 20 13:12:27 EDT 2002

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Liu, Chunyen wrote:

> I have a need of obtaining results from a query similar to this:
>    select * from Tickets where Subject like '%car%' or Subject like
> '%color%'
>
> When I browse through the routines ProcessSearchQuery in Web.pm and
> _ProcessRestrictions in Tickets.pm, I assume that to get the desired
> results,
> it is as simple as changing ENTRYAGGREGATOR from AND to OR when
> the restriction OPERATOR equals 'LIKE'.     That did not happen.

What would be useful is an examination of the query as presented to the
SQL server (see the SQL server logs).  Quite likely, another
ENTRYAGGREGATOR is being inserted making the query effectively
nonsensical.

> chunyen.liu at garmin.com

Your products work btw, except they take an awful long time to resync
after having crossed the atlantic ocean.

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B                      Operations