[rt-users] HOWTO: protect RT queues with SpamAssassin

Bob Apthorpe arclight at jump.net
Fri Jun 21 03:06:44 EDT 2002

On Friday 21 June 2002 01:16, you wrote:
> Variations to the procmailrc:
>
> * Change "spamc" to "spamassassin -P" if you don't use spamd.
> * Change the "X-Spam-Status: Yes" delivery rule to bounce, or
>   blackhole, or deliver to mailbox, or whatever, if you don't
>   want a "spam" queue. The choice is yours!

A few more points

Vipul's Razor ( http://razor.sourceforge.net/ ) has hit v2.09 and has better,
fuzzier signatures and a (better) trust system to strengthen the system's
bozo resistance. It's easy to install and configure and support for Razor is
already built into SpamAssassin; SpamAssassin will use Razor if it can find
it.

Also, a related project is the Distributed Checksum Clearinghouse (
http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/dcc/ ). Read the SpamAssassin docs and then
install and configure dccproc. SpamAssassin also has hooks to DCC and will
use it if it finds it.

I upgraded all of these this morning (I'm running SuSE 7.2 with Postfix and
procmail, not that it matters) and I'm already seeing a bit more aggressive
tagging.

If you're really, really bored you could dump the list of existing
requestors' email addresses from RT and massage it into a whitelist for
SpamAssassin which should help allay fears of tagging legitimate mail.

-- Bob