[rt-users] FCGI and content type

Rich Lafferty rich+rt at lafferty.ca
Sat Mar 2 12:41:34 EST 2002

On Sat, Mar 02, 2002 at 12:10:36PM +0100, Cees de Groot (cg at cdegroot.com) wrote:
> We have installed RT under FCGI (for starters, because two RT setups in
> two <VirtualHost> sections wouldn't work and as we plan to do managed
> RT hosting as a service to our customers, I need to have multiple RT
> installations on a single box; starting a separate webserver would be
> an option, but a rather heavyweight one b/c it'd need an IP address
> per installation),

You can avoid that with one server ProxyPass-ing to all of the others,
with all of the others listening to localhost on wacky ports.

> and it's all going fine except for the fact that attachments aren't
> spit out with the correct content-type.

This is fixed in CVS; you can fix it yourself with the patch in

  http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-devel/2002-January/001938.html

> The RT installation docs allude to this problem in the FCGI section,
> because they tell you to move the RT images (logo, spacers)
> somewhere outside the FCGI realm.

That's a different problem.

  -Rich

--
 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada    |  Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus!